Education: Fettes College and the Universities of Cambridge, Lancaster and Exeter.
Work: Someone once said that once you get on the spiritual path you have to learn to earn your living with your left foot. Well, I can relate to that, having turned my hand to many occupations over the years, including stints as a:
- Dealer in Indian art;
- Lecturer in the art of Asia (The British Museum; Sotheby’s; Christie’s; SOAS; Prince Charles’ School of Architecture; Royal Academy of Arts; various Art Colleges; Swan Hellenic Art Treasure Tours);
- Photographer (for publishers and magazines);
- Teacher of English as a Foreign Language;
- Writer (books and articles);
- Cultural Tour Operator (Trishula Travel) and
- Teacher of meditation and the perennial philosophy.
Somewhere along the line I absent-mindedly stood for Parliament in West Suffolk – mercifully failing in spectacular fashion.
My current incarnation is as co-founder of Neeleshwar Hermitage, a retreat hotel on the Coast of Malabar, South India. www.neeleshwarhermitage.com